BUYER’S GUIDE AND CARE FOR DIAMONDS
Consider all the 4C’s before buying a diamond. Though diamond is the hardest gemstone, the lustre and shine can be dulled with constant wear.
With your diamond jewellery, care and maintenance is essential to have the same glitter and fire.
- Avoid touching the diamond surface as the body oils can layer on it, diminishing the sparkle.
- Cleaning is easy as any ammonia based cleaner can be used to cleanse the diamonds. However, you need to check that the cleaner does not react with the metal it is studded in.
- Using soapy warm water and soft bristled brush can help clean the studded diamonds. You can always seek a professional jeweller to clean antique and high quality diamond jewellery.
- Rinse with cold water after washing away the soapy solution and pat dry with lint-free cloth
- Store each diamond/diamond jewellery piece separately, wrapped in white tissue or soft cloth.
- Check periodically for loose diamonds or damage to prongs and get it repaired immediately.
- Do not jumble your diamond jewellery together with metal jewellery as diamonds can scratch other metals.